SUPPORT BILL 29 URGENT
CALL TO ACTION
HOW TO ACT ON BILL 29 - ASAP PLEASE
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS TO SUBMIT TESTIMONY:
SELECT: Council Meeting MAY 4th, 2022
SELECT BILL 29: RELATING TO FEES FOR PUBLIC RECORDS.
CLICK LINK THAT SAYS: SUBMIT TESTIMONY FOR MAY 4TH AT 10AM OR CLICK HERE: https://hnldoc.ehawaii.gov/hnldoc/testimony
YOUR POSITION ON THE MATTER: SUPPORT
Enter your personal information
Select your choice of testimony (If you choose written, click "comment" and feel free to copy and paste the written testimony statement provided)
MAHALO FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!
Please use this written testimony statement if it's easier for you. Copy and Paste into comment of written testimony.
Election information is public information!
I support Bill 29 to remove fees to obtain public records related to voter data and election information. Election information and voter data should be accessible and available to the public at no cost.
On principle, we oppose fees applied to:
1. The City Clerk’s certificates of voter registration;
2. Countywide voter data or any portion thereof (as may be available), or for a voter data subscription;
3. Election maps, including but not limited to, geographic information system (GIS) maps;
4. Voter matchback files, which are ballot return data that include a list of voters in a current election that have returned a ballot; and
5. All other public voter documents, records, and data files.
Contents of Bill 29:
Call To Action